What Am I Doing NOW to Fight Bladder Cancer? - 2020 Blog Update - April 12, 2020 UPDATED May 2021

UPDATE! See UPDATE flag below for latest info!

It was definitely not my plan to update this blog only once per year.  But it certainly seems to be progressing in that direction.  For the record I will update the blog at least annually, reporting the story of my checkups.  Beyond that, only something that will be useful and interesting to you all.  And now that the blog is old, I found that tons of the educational and entertaining links were broken.  So I spent a LOT of time going through all the old blog posts, updating or eliminating links, re-hosting the backpage links, and generally fixing things.  For those who want to read from the beginning, it should work a lot better now.

One thing that has been requested more than once by readers of the blog is a list of things that I am doing NOW to keep the cancer at bay.  I will admit that picking through the blog to figure out what to do is tedious.  What I recommend NOW and am doing NOW is summarized in this post, updated since originally published in 2014: https://gotbladdercancer.blogspot.com/2014/12/updated-post-dealing-with-any-type-of.html

Basically you have to decide NOT to die from cancer, then you need to create a cancer-hostile environment in your body.  The most important way to do this is outlined in the post above.  There are other things that can be done, and what you choose (or what I choose) are more a matter of personal tolerance than necessity.  And there are tons of things I never tried that may also help.  But here's the bottom line: Decide not to let cancer kill you, do what your doc recommends to attack it directly, remove cancer triggers from your lifestyle, and take steps to make your body unattractive to cancer in the future.  

In 2009 I developed a complex logic diagram that supported things you can do to actively fight cancer, and pretty much nobody understood it.  In the most recent update I completely re-vamped that diagram, simplified it, and (hopefully) explained it better. Here is where I give the details of the 10 things I still do, exactly what and how often.  It lists 11, but #1 was surgery and BCG that the doctor does - the other 10 are things that I do.

You can read the updated and UPDATED post here: https://gotbladdercancer.blogspot.com/2009/10/dealing-with-any-type-of-cancer-what-to.html 


Here is really where I am right now: LIFE IS GOOD


And life is for living. Don't postpone things until later, when you have the time, the money, the logistics figured, or whatever.  Make every effort to do them NOW.  Having recently turned 60 years of age, I now know a lot of folks who put off doing everything they loved until retirement, then there was no time left (or worse, no energy or health) to go do them.  Get out there and do good things NOW!






No comments: